Celebrating PROBUS month there will be three subjects. Sharon Tate will be the main speaker and the other subjects will be covered in about 15 minutes each.
Sharon Tate studied Sociology at the University of Waterloo and Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts: Honors Degree. She joined Durham Regional as a Police Officer in 1999 and has nearly 20 years experience in various roles including in the Detective Criminal Investigations Bureau focusing on fraud, theft and power of attorney investigations and since 2015 is a Sergeant Senior Support Coordinator for Durham Regional Police Service.
Sharon will give information about the top 4 scams and provide information on the following:
- how to protect your identity
- where to get assistance if you have been a victim of a scam
- red flags or indicators of a scam to help you identify new ones
- importance of yearly self-credit checks
- door to door sales and Renovation scams
- investment pyramid schemes
- distraction thefts, pick pocketing scams and safe shopping
- the Senior Safety Unit
Also speaking on March 28th will be Ramesh Nankissor, Fran Sancroft and one other speaking about The Gift of Life, and Matt Anderson from Lakeridge Health speaking about plans for Ajax Pickering Hospital.